Monday, October 17, 2011

Memorable Marks...To Strive For



I am always looking for simple, direct, memorable marks of faithfulness and Christian belief.

Recently, I ran across classic words from A.W. Tozer in that category. According to Tozer, persons who are crucified with Christ have three distinct marks:

1. they are facing only one direction,

2. they can never turn back, and

3. they no longer have plans of their own.

- as cited by Tim Hansel, Holy Sweat, 1987, Word Books
Publisher, p. 187.

Well said -- but challenging -- as I strive to move increasingly away from my ambition toward the ambition of Christ.

In that regard I am reminded of Paul's classic words in Philippians 3 -- "All I want is to know Christ and feel the power of his resurrection; to share in his sufferings and become like him in his death, in the hope that I myself will be raised from death to life." (Phil. 3:10,11)

No comments:

Post a Comment